Influencing & Communicating
Thursday 9 July
This workshop will develop the vital skills needed to influence your team members, fellow managers and the senior management teams through use of solid and appropriate communication. It can be challenging to consistently be influencing all of the personalities of differing team members. What will you as a leader consider you could start, stop and continue doing to make you a more focussed leader? You will be asked to make a pledge about your next steps to influencing for good performance.
Key outputs will include:
- Understanding why a Team Leader will need to influence a team.
- Influencer traits/characteristics.
- Communication styles suitable for the relevant situation.
- Knowing the audience, delivery of the message and understanding the communication cycle.
- Greater depth listening to create an action plan using a ‘Start, Stop, Continue’ model.